
The Ravens found somebody they wanted to add to their 53-man roster, which allowed them to put tight end ![]()
Last week, Head Coach John Harbaugh said it didn’t look good for Gillmore after he suffered a back injury in the Week 14 loss to Seattle.
On Monday, Baltimore made the move official, marking the 19th player to be placed on IR this season. That’s tied for the most during Harbaugh’s era (2008, 2014).
Gillmore is the eighth opening-day starter the Ravens have placed on injured reserve, joining quarterback ![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Gillmore had a breakout sophomore season with 33 catches for 412 yards and four touchdowns, but his year was unfortunately hampered by injuries. The final back injury was too much to continue.
“Crockett’s not looking good. I’m not optimistic about Crockett. That could be an IR situation,” Harbaugh said Monday before the transaction was official. “Depends if Ozzie can find somebody to put on the 53 [man roster] or not, I guess.”
Baltimore has added outside linebacker ![]()
Carter, 26, is in his fifth season and was waived by the Cincinnati Bengals to make room for former Ravens quarterback Keith Wenning, who they brought up from the practice squad after Andy Dalton’s thumb injury.
Carter was originally drafted by the Steelers in the fifth round in 2011. The 6-foot-1, 240-pound Fresno State product spent three years in Pittsburgh before bouncing to Indianapolis and Cincinnati.
He has logged 29 career tackles in 46 games played (one start), and was having his best season yet this year with the Bengals, as he had 10 tackles in 13 games.



