JUSTIN TUCKER CONTRACT EXTENSION
The Baltimore Ravens signed K Justin Tucker to a four-year contract extension, which will keep him under contract through the 2023 season, executive vice president/general manager Eric DeCosta announced Wednesday.
Here are several notes about Tucker, who enters his eighth season with the Ravens in 2019:
- Tucker is the most accurate kicker in NFL history, connecting on 237 of 263 field goal attempts to produce a 90.1% success mark.
- Tucker has been selected to two Pro Bowls (2013 & 2016) and been tabbed first-team All-Pro three times (2013, 2016 & 2018).
- In 2018, Tucker scored a franchise-record 141 points for the third-straight season, becoming the NFL’s only kicker to surpass the 140 mark in each of the past three years.
- In 2018, Tucker became the first kicker in NFL history to produce six seasons with 30-or-more field goals made. (He made 35 of 39 attempts.)
- In 2018, Tucker became the fastest pure kicker in league history to reach the 900-point milestone, doing so in his 107th game. Of overall players, only Gino Cappelletti (a WR/PK combo from 1960-70) did it faster (106 games).
- Tucker is a six-time AFC Special Teams Player of the Month, which ranks three more than legends S Ed Reed & K Matt Stover for the most POM awards in Ravens history. Tucker has also earned nine AFC Special Teams Player of the Week honors.
- Since PATs were moved back to the 15-yard line in 2015, Tucker (131-of-132) has produced the NFL’s best PAT percentage (99.2).
- Tucker’s 93.4 career field goal percentage (114-of-122) in the second half/overtime ranks as the NFL’s best such mark of all time.
- Tucker has made 13-career game-winning kicks during his career.
- Since he entered the NFL in 2012, Tucker has made an NFL-high 237 field goals. Additionally, his 952 points during this span rank No. 2 in the league (Stephen Gostkowski, 1,031).