MARSHAL YANDA CONTRACT EXTENSION
The Baltimore Ravens and seven-time Pro Bowl G Marshal Yanda have agreed in principle on a one-year contract extension, executive vice president/general manager Eric DeCosta announced Thursday.
Here are several notes about Yanda, who is considered one of the greatest players to ever wear a Ravens uniform:
- The 12-year veteran Yanda has played in 162 games (151 starts) during his career, ranking as the second-most games played among offensive linemen in Ravens history (Jonathan Ogden – 177).
- Yanda has earned Pro Bowl honors in seven of the past eight seasons, missing only the 2017 campaign while out for 14 games with an ankle injury.
- Yanda’s seven-career Pro Bowls tie OLB Terrell Suggs for fourth most in franchise history.
- Yanda is one of 17 players in NFL history to earn at least seven Pro Bowls as a guard. Of those, Yanda is one of just five (Larry Allen, Ed Budde, Alan Faneca & Gene Upshaw) to win a Super Bowl.
- Prior to the 2015 campaign, Ravens’ season ticket holders voted Yanda as one of the Top 10 players in the franchise’s then-20-year existence.
- Yanda has twice (2014-15) been named first-team All-Pro by The Associated Press, also receiving second-team honors four times (2011-12, 2016 & 2018).
- Behind Yanda, in 2018 Baltimore posted the NFL’s No. 2 rushing attack (152.6 ypg), with the Ravens racking up the second-most rushing yards (2,441) in franchise history. Baltimore also produced a franchise-record 5,999 total yards.