RAVENS AGREE TO TERMS WITH JUSTIN BETHEL
The Baltimore Ravens and three-time Pro Bowl ST/CB Justin Bethelhave agreed to terms on a two-year contract, pending the passing of a physical, executive vice president/general manager Eric DeCosta announced Friday night.
Here are several notes on the 6-foot, 200-pound Bethel:
- Bethel enters his eighth NFL season after playing for the Atlanta Falcons in 2018. He spent the initial six years (2012-17) of his career with the Arizona Cardinals, who selected him in the sixth round of the NFL Draft.
- Seeing action in 110 career games (14 starts), he played in all 16 games of a season during his first six years in the NFL. In 2018 with Atlanta, he saw action in 14 contests.
- Bethel has been selected to three Pro Bowls for his standout special teams play (2013-15).
- He is also a two-time PFW/PFWA All-Pro selection as a special teamer (2014-15).
- On defense, Bethel has registered 97 tackles and four interceptions, three of which he returned for touchdowns (including an 82-yarder in 2017).
- Bethel has totaled five fumble recoveries, four forced fumbles and 19 passes defensed, adding 88 special teams tackles (including a career-high 17 in 2013).