The Baltimore Ravens designated OLB Matthew Judon as their 2020 franchise player, executive vice president and general manager Eric DeCosta announced Friday.
In 2019, Judon led the Ravens in sacks (9.5), tackles for loss (14) and forced fumbles (four), also posting 54 total tackles in 16 starts. He helped Baltimore's defense rank No. 3 in points (17.6) and No. 4 in yards (300.6) allowed per game.
Over the past three seasons (since 2017), Judon has recorded the Ravens' most tackles for loss (41) and sacks (24.5). In his four-year NFL career, he owns 28.5 sacks and seven forced fumbles.
The Ravens have previously placed the franchise tag on six players:
- G/C Wally Williams – 1998
- CB Chris McAlister – 2003 and 2004 (McAlister signed a long-term contract in October, 2004.)
- OLB Terrell Suggs – 2008 and 2009 (Suggs signed a long-term deal prior to the start of the 2009 season.)
- DT Haloti Ngata – 2011 (Ngata signed a long-term contract in September, 2011.)
- RB Ray Rice – 2012 (Rice signed a long-term deal prior to the start of the season.)
- K Justin Tucker – 2016 (Tucker signed a long-term deal in July, 2016.)