The Baltimore Ravens have launched a new app optimized for iPad. With the explosion of mobile traffic, this app represents an important next step in the Ravens' overall mobile strategy. Fans looking to follow the game while watching on their television now have an immersive, Ravens-centric, multi-screen experience at their fingertips. On non-gamedays, fans have another portable source of compelling, comprehensive and timely content related to their favorite team.
"Approximately 70 percent of the Ravens' digital traffic comes from mobile devices, so it was critical for us to not only create a tablet experience for our fans – but one that closely matches the experience of baltimoreravens.com," said Michelle Andres, Ravens vice president of digital media and broadcasting. "With more than a half-million downloads of our smartphone app, our iPad app was a logical complement."
Features of the app include:
- A user experience that leans on easy swipe technologies
- Breaking news and in-depth coverage
- Insight and analysis
- On-demand video library
- Galleries showcasing team photography
- Real-time game center featuring live audio stream, box scores, drive chart, team leaders
- Team stats, scores, schedules, roster, bios
- A non-invasive, yet bold advertising platform for Ravens sponsors
The app was designed by Seattle-based Black Pixel and developed by YinzCam out of Pittsburgh. YinzCam also developed the Ravens' mobile app and mobile site.
To download the app, follow this link: www.baltimoreravens.com/ipad