Houston Texans at Baltimore Ravens, September 10, 2023
- The Baltimore Ravens host the Houston Texans to kick off the 2023 NFL regular season from Charm City (1 p.m.). Sunday marks the 25th anniversary celebration of M&T Bank Stadium, which opened in 1998.
- With a 10-7 regular season record in 2022, the Ravens clinched a playoff berth for the fourth time (2018-20, 2022) in the past five years and for the 10th time during John Harbaugh's 15 seasons as head coach.
- In 2023, Harbaugh enters his 16th campaign at the helm in Baltimore, positioning him as the NFL's third-longest-tenured head coach (Bill Belichick – 24 seasons & Mike Tomlin – 17).
- In 2022, Baltimore finished second in the AFC North behind a 12-4 Cincinnati team that played one fewer game overall. The Ravens split the regular season series with the Bengals, but then fell at Cincinnati, 24-17, in a Wild Card playoff.
- Despite QB Lamar Jackson (knee) missing the 2022 season's final six games and Baltimore losing both starting WRs (Rashod Bateman & Devin Duvernay) to season-ending injury, the Ravens posted at least 10 wins for the ninth time during Harbaugh's tenure.
- Baltimore is 10-2 all time vs. Houston (9-2 regular season & 1-0 playoffs). This includes a 6-0 mark in Charm City. Coach Harbaugh is 8-2 all time (1-0 playoffs) against the Texans.
- The Ravens will play four of their first six games this season away from M&T Bank Stadium, including three vs. divisional opponents (Week 2 at Cin., Week 4 at Cle. & Week 5 at Pit.), culminating with an international game in London against the Titans (Week 6).