13TH ANNUAL HONOR ROWS RECIPIENTS ANNOUNCED
The Baltimore Ravens and the Governor's Office on Service and Volunteerism (GOSV) today announced the recipients of the 13th annual Honor Rows Program, presented by M&T Bank. During each Ravens home game throughout the 2012 regular season, the program will honor youth groups or organizations that provide outstanding volunteer service to their communities.
For the second-consecutive year, Big Sisters Big Brothers of Central Maryland/Maryland Mentoring Partnership has been named as a season-long partner. The mission of the nonprofit organization is to help children reach their full potential through professionally-supported, one-to-one mentoring relationships through a full range of youth mentoring programs with measurable impact. As an Honor Rows partner, the nonprofit will receive 150 Ravens tickets during the season, designated specifically for mentor/mentee pairs.
In addition to the season-long partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Maryland/Maryland Mentoring Partnership, 14 additional youth-led service organizations were named as 2012 Honor Rows recipients, listed below.
Winning groups will receive tickets to a game, Honor Rows t-shirts for all participants, a pre-game on-field visit and official in-game recognition on the RavensVision screens. In addition, WBAL-TV 11, broadcasting partner of the Baltimore Ravens, will periodically feature Honor Rows recipients during on-air news segments.
Honorees were selected by a panel of GOSV, Baltimore Ravens and M&T Bank staff. Winning organizations demonstrated a strong commitment to servicing the needs of the local community.
The 2012 Honor Rows recipients are listed below in chronological order of Ravens home game attendance:
- Calvert Hall Peer Ministry Group (Baltimore County)
- Friendly Volunteers (Baltimore City)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Harford County – Keystone Club (Harford County)
- Happy Helpers for the Homeless (Baltimore City)
- Howard County NAACP Youth Council (Howard County)
- Boys Hope Girls Hope (Baltimore City)
- Ben's Army at Franklin High School (Baltimore County)
- Baltimore City Department of Social Services – Youth Advisory Board (Baltimore City)
- VA Maryland Health Care System – Summer Youth Volunteers (Baltimore City, Baltimore County)
- Girl Scouts of Central Maryland – Troop 821 (Harford County)
- Frostburg State University ECHOSTARS (Allegany County)
- Stephen Decatur High School National Honor Society (Worcester County)
- Community Law in Action, Inc.'s CORPS Community Service Program (Baltimore City)
- Project T.O.O.U.R., Inc. (Baltimore City and Baltimore County)