Get ready for the NFL Owners Meetings, where the league's top executives convene to make big decisions about the upcoming year and coaches speak with the media amidst free agency.
The meetings are always in a warm, beautiful setting, and this year's will take place in Phoenix, Ariz., headquartered at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel.
Here's an overview of what's going to happen and some storylines to watch:
Monday, March 23: Compensatory picks could be announced in the morning. Competition Committee press conference at 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 24: AFC Head Coaches Breakfast from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m., where Head Coach John Harbaugh will speak to the media.
Wednesday, March 25: NFC Head Coaches Breakfast from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. Owners officially vote on rule changes. Commissioner Roger Goodell will hold a press conference to conclude the meetings.
5 Key Proposed Rule Changes Under Review
- Expand the ability to throw challenge flags on penalties, or have them automatically reviewed. One proposal wants to allow a coach to challenge any officials' decision. Others take aim at personal fouls, or fouls that result in an automatic first down.
- Move the extra point attempt from the 2-yard line to the 15-yard line, which was experimented with in the preseason last season.
- Allow teams to kick a bonus extra point attempt from the 50-yard line if that team is successful on a two-point conversion. That would mean touchdowns could result in nine points.
- Mandatory possession for both teams in overtime instead of the game being over if the first team with possession scores a touchdown.
- Make it illegal for an offensive player with an eligible receiver number to report as ineligible and line up outside the core of the formation.
5 Key Questions For Harbaugh
- What are the Ravens plans at wide receiver and tight end?
- How do the Ravens replace Haloti Ngata?
- Are the Ravens planning to make other moves in the secondary?
- Any health updates on returning players such as Jimmy Smith and Dennis Pitta?
- What's his take on Baltimore's three arrests this offseason?