The Baltimore Ravens have acquired CB Marcus Peters from the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for LB Kenny Young and an undisclosed draft pick, pending the passing of player physicals.
Here are several notes on the 6-0, 195-pound Peters:
- A five-year NFL veteran, Peters has been named to two Pro Bowls (2015-16), also earning first-team All-Pro honors in 2016. In 2015, he was named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.
- Seeing action in 67 career games (all starts), Peters has played for the Kansas City Chiefs (2015-17) and Los Angeles Rams (2018-19).
- Since he entered the NFL in 2015, Peters has produced an NFL-best 24 interceptions, four of which he returned for touchdowns (tied, CB Aqib Talib, for the NFL's most). Peters' 24 picks since 2015 are eight more than the second-best players (S Reggie Nelson and CB Darius Slay – 16).
- Peters has also registered 208 tackles (172 solo), six forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries (returning one for a touchdown). He has produced 67 career passes defensed.
- In his rookie season (2015) while with Kansas City, Peters' eight interceptions tied S Reggie Nelson for the NFL's most.
- This season, Peters has played in six games, producing 14 tackles, two interceptions (one returned for a touchdown) and four passes defensed.
- Peters was originally selected by the Chiefs in the first round (18th overall) of the 2015 draft.