The Baltimore Ravens announced Friday the launch of their #FeedTheFlock food collection efforts, in partnership with Safeway and the Maryland Food Bank (MFB). Over the past 27 years, the Ravens have supported the food bank as the largest charitable food provider in Maryland.
Detailed below are a variety of ways fans can donate to the collection:
Month of November
Online and In-store Donations
- Fans are encouraged to help #FeedTheFlock from Nov. 1 – Nov. 30 by donating to the team's online fundraiser, organized by the Ravens and the MFB. To donate, please visit the Ravens Food and Funds Drive Team Page.
- From Oct. 28 – Nov. 24, Safeway, the official supermarket of the Ravens and proud title sponsor of Purple, Tailgaters and RavensWalk will collect monetary donations at Baltimore-area stores. The proceeds will be converted into non-perishable food items and donated to the MFB.
Friday, Nov. 4
Pack to Give Back Volunteer Event
- On Friday, Nov. 4 (10 a.m. – 12 p.m.), Ravens staff will volunteer at the Maryland Food Bank's "Pack to Give Back" event at Guinness Open Gate Brewery to help create holiday meal boxes for thousands of food-insecure Marylanders across the state.
Tuesday, Nov. 29
Giving Tuesday Phone-a-Thon at Maryland Food Bank
- The Maryland Food Bank will team up with WBAL-TV 11, WBAL NewsRadio and 98 Rock to host its annual Giving Tuesday Phone-a-Thon at the MFB's Baltimore location on Tuesday, Nov. 29. Throughout the day, viewers and Ravens fans will be encouraged to call the MFB and make donations to help provide nutritious food to Marylanders in need this holiday season and all year long. Tune in to WBAL-TV during the day to learn how to contribute.
Sunday, Dec. 4
- Collection efforts will be enhanced with the 27th Annual Ravens Family Food & Funds Drive, sponsored by Safeway, when the Ravens host the Denver Broncos on Sunday, Dec. 4 at M&T Bank Stadium. Prior to kickoff (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.), Safeway, MFB, WBAL-TV and other volunteers will collect monetary and non-perishable food donations outside all M&T Bank Stadium gate entrances. The MFB will also be on RavensWalk collecting credit and debit card donations. The final poundage collected will be calculated and distributed through the MFB. The 27th Annual Ravens Family Food & Funds Drive is also supported by Von Paris, which will transport all collected items from the stadium to the MFB.
Maryland Food Bank (MFB) Fast Facts:
- For more than 40 years, MFB has been leading the fight against hunger in the state. The organization supports a food assistance network of more than 330 community organizations statewide that collectively provide nearly 1,300 distribution points with much-needed food for their local communities.
- From March 2020 through the end of FY22, the food bank's statewide food assistance network distributed the equivalent of 100 million meals in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. MFB will continue to meet the immediate needs of vulnerable communities while collaborating with partners to provide resources beyond food and address root causes of hunger so that more Marylanders can become financially stable and thrive.
- The MFB is mostly in need of healthy, non-perishable food items, including canned proteins like tuna, chicken and peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables, shelf-stable milk, breakfast items, rice and pasta.
- Safeway in the Mid-Atlantic Division is part of Albertsons Companies (NYSE: ACI). Locally great and nationally strong, Albertsons Cos. is a leading food and drug retailer in the United States. The Mid-Atlantic Division operates Safeway stores in Maryland, Virginia, the District of Columbia, and Delaware. Safeway is committed to helping people across the country live better lives by making a meaningful difference, neighborhood by neighborhood. During 2021, Safeway and Safeway Foundation locally donated nearly $4 million in food and financial support to help people in the areas of hunger relief, education, cancer research and treatment, programs for people with disabilities, and veterans. For more information, visit www.safeway.com and www.safewayfoundation.org.
Visit www.Baltimoreravens.com/fooddrive to learn more on how everyone can contribute to the 2022 Ravens Family Food & Funds Drive.