Jimmy Smith was selected in the first round (27th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft.
• Has 49 tackles (45 solo), 2 INTs and 11 PD
• Had 3 tackles and 2 PD in the 2012 playoffs, including a clutch PD in Super Bowl XLVII’s final goal-line stand
• Recorded a career-high 31 tackles, including 27 solo and 3 PD in 2012
• Established a career high with 7 tackles vs. Cle. (12/24/11)
• Pulled in his first-career INT, which led to a Ravens’ TD on the next play vs. Cin. (11/20/11)
• Recorded his first-career tackle from scrimimage (ended the game with 3 solo) vs. Cin. (11/20/11)
2012: (11/2, 4/0) Recorded a career-high 31 tackles and 3 PD from scrimmage and 3 special teams stops, despite missing five games due to a sports hernia injury
• Recorded 2 solo tackles for a defense that held the Bengals to 189 total yards in game 16 at Cin. (12/30)...Also posted a career-high 2 solo special teams tackles against the Bengals
• Started and tied a career high with 7 tackles in the 25-15 victory in game 8 at Cle. (11/4)
• Started and posted 4 solo tackles in game 7 at Hou. (10/21)
• Tied a career high with 7 tackles (all solo) and posted a PD in the 31-29 victory in game 6 vs. Dal. (10/14)
• Totaled 3 solo tackles and 2 PD for a defense that forced 10 turnovers in four playoff games
• Recorded a solo tackle and tied for the team lead with 2 PD, including one late in the fourth quarter during the Ravens’ final goal-line stand, in the 34-31 victory in Super Bowl XLVII vs. SF (2/3/13)...The defense held the 49ers to 22% (2-of-9) on third down
2011: (12/3, 2/1) Produced 18 tackles (all solo), 8 PD and 2 INTs for the NFL’s third-ranked defense (288.9 ypg) despite missing four games due to an ankle injury
• Established a career high with 7 solo tackles and a PD in the 20-14 victory in game 15 vs. Cle. (12/24)
• Started his first-career NFL game (Ravens began the game in a nickel package) and netted 1 solo tackle, 1 PD and an INT, which led to a Ravens’ FG 6 plays later, in the 24-10 victory in game 12 at Cle. (12/4)
• Netted 3 solo tackles, 1 PD and pulled in his first-career INT, which led to a Ravens’ TD on the very next play, for a defense that forced 3 turnovers in the 31-24 victory in game 10 vs. Cin. (11/20)
• Saw action in his first-career game before leaving the contest on the opening kickoff with an ankle injury in the 35-7 victory in the season opener vs. Pit. (9/11)
• Totaled 3 tackles, 1 PD and 1 INT for a team that forced 7 turnovers in two playoff games...Also recorded a special teams FR
• Started his first-career postseason game and had 1 tackle, 1 PD and his first-career postseason INT (returned for 39 yards) for a defense that picked off QB Tom Brady twice, not allowing him to throw a TD and holding him to a 57.5 QB rating in the AFC Championship at NE (1/22/12)
• Played in his first-career postseason game and posted 2 tackles from scrimmage and a FR on special teams that led to the Ravens’ first TD in the 20-13 victory in the Divisional Playoff vs. Hou. (1/15/12)
College: Finished his Colorado career with 183 career tackles, 18 PD and 3 INTs...Allowed just 11 completions in man coverage over his junior and senior seasons (just one of those for a first down)...Saw action in 47 games at Colorado, including starts in his final 27 contests...Earned first-team All-Big 12 honors by coaches, Phil Steele’s College Football and collegefootballnews.com, as well as Honorable Mention All-Big 12 by the Associated Press as a senior in 2010 after he finished third on the team with 70 tackles (57 solo), adding 2.5 TFL, 5 PD and 1 FR...Named second-team All-Big 12 by the Associated Press as a junior in 2009 after playing in 801 of 805 total snaps from scrimmage, racking up 70 tackles (52 solo), including 3 TFL, 2 INTs, 10 PD and 1 FR...Played 407 snaps, racking up 39 tackles (34 solo), 4 PD, 1 FF and 1 FR while playing in 10 games (three starts) as a sophomore in 2008...Played mostly on special teams, appearing in 13 games as a freshman.
High School, Personal: Prepped at Colton (CA) HS...Earned first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors at WR and CB, as well as being a first-team All-County choice...Recorded 47 tackles, 15 PD, 2 INTs, 2 FFs and a FR as a senior...Added 53 receptions for 1,123 yards and 14 TDs as a WR...Moved to CB as a junior, netting 57 tackles, 8 PD, 1 INT, 1 FF and 1 FR...Added 30 receptions for 600 yards and 4 TDs in his junior season...As a sophomore, posted 45 tackles and 4 INTs...Also earned seven other letters in basketball and track combined...Smith has four brothers who played college football: Ryan Smalls (Millikin), Terrance Smalls (Illinois), Paul Smith (New Mexico) and Anthony Smalls (Idaho State)...Graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Colorado in sociology in 2010.
Community: Distributed new bicycles to youth at the Lansdowne Police Athletic League Center in Sept. 2011... Also supported both his teammates’ and the organization’s community efforts by attending the Ravens’ annual women’s event, A Purple Evening, at M&T Bank Stadium, the Lardarius Webb Charity Bowling Classic and Ray Lewis’ annual Thanksgiving Distribution.