RAVENS PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
Baltimore Ravens executive vice president and general manager Eric DeCosta, who recently completed his first Ravens’ draft, announced on Thursday adjustments to the team’s personnel/scouting department.
“We changed responsibilities for some of our staff. We defined new roles for others. We rewarded a number of people with promotions and added two important professionals,” DeCosta explained.
The following are staff members with different responsibilities:
Pat Moriarty – Senior Vice President of Football Operations
Moriarty assists the executive vice president and general manager in day-to-day operations of all football matters.
Joe Hortiz – Director of Player Personnel
Hortiz works closely with George Kokinis and oversees all aspects of college and pro scouting.
George Kokinis – Director of Player Personnel
Kokinis works closely with Joe Hortiz and oversees all aspects of college and pro scouting.
Chad Alexander – Assistant Director of Pro & College Personnel
Alexander works with Hortiz and Kokinis as a scouting administrator and chief evaluator of college and pro prospects.
Mark Azevedo – Player Personnel Coordinator
Azevedo works under the direction of Hortiz and Kokinis, organizing day-to-day scouting operations.
Jameel McClain – Director of Player Engagement
McClain works with players, providing support and education that will help them succeed on and off the field.
Vincent Newsome – Senior Player Personnel Executive
Newsome works with DeCosta, Hortiz and Kokinis, assisting on all matters related to football operations and player personnel.
David McDonald – Director of Research and Development
McDonald leads the player personnel analytics team.
Joey Cleary – Northeast Area Scout
Cleary scouts college players in the Northeast part of the United States.
The following are new additions to the football personnel staff:
Nick Matteo – Director of Football Administration
Matteo oversees day-to-day salary cap matters and general roster transactions. He joined the Ravens in January after working 10 years for the National Football League, where he was a member of the NFL’s Management Council. In that role, Matteo served as the senior director of labor operations and as a main point of contact for NFL club executives on various subjects, including player contracts, salary cap matters and collective bargaining agreement issues.
Sarah Snyder – Director of Sports Nutrition
Snyder works with players, coaches, trainers and doctors, coordinating team diet and nutrition. She spent the last three years creating and implementing the Detroit Lions’ performance nutrition program. Prior to that, Snyder developed sports nutrition programs for EXOS, in addition to the University of Florida and University of Michigan athletic departments, where she worked with football, basketball and hockey players.
Here’s a listing of the Ravens’ personnel/scouting staff:
- Eric DeCosta – Executive Vice President & General Manager
- Ozzie Newsome – Executive Vice President
- Pat Moriarty – Senior Vice President of Football Operations
- Joe Hortiz – Director of Player Personnel
- George Kokinis – Director of Player Personnel
- Vincent Newsome – Senior Player Personnel Executive
- Chad Alexander – Assistant Director of Pro & College Personnel
- Nick Matteo – Director of Football Administration
- David McDonald – Director of Research & Development
- Mark Azevedo – Player Personnel Coordinator
- Brandon Berning – Midwest/Southwest Area Scout
- David Blackburn – West Area Scout
- Joey Cleary – Northeast Area Scout
- Dwuane Jones – Midwest Area Scout
- Andrew Raphael – Southeast Area Scout
- Kevin Weidl – Southeast/Southwest Area Scout
- Bobby Vega – East Area Scout
- Lonnie Young – West Area Scout
- Corey Frazier – Pro Scout
- Patrick Williams – College Scout
- Corey Krawiec – Manager, Player Evaluations & Analytics
- Eugene Shen – Football Analyst
- “Q” Houegnon Attenoukon – Player Personnel Assistant
- Patrick McDonough – Player Personnel Assistant
- Chas Stallard – Player Personnel Assistant
- Jenn Werner – Executive Assistant to the EVP & GM
- Maggie Domanowski – Administrative Assistant to Player Personnel