FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Ravens have waived the following players:
- Adam Bergen (TE, 6-4, 267, 3rd-year, Lehigh)
- Casey Bramlet (QB, 6-4, 220, 2nd-year, Wyoming)
- Darrell Campbell (DL, 6-4, 295, 1st-year, Notre Dame)
- Patrick Carter (WR, 6-3, 195, Rookie, Louisville)
- Adrien Clarke (G, 6-5, 330, 4th-year, Ohio State)
- Amon Gordon (DT, 6-2, 305, 4th-year, Stanford)
- Justin Harper (WR, 6-3, 215, Rookie, Virginia Tech)
- Alex Haynes (RB, 5-10, 225, 2nd-year, Central Florida)
- Keith Heinrich (TE, 6-6, 255, 5th-year, Sam Houston State)
- Adam Kraus (G, 6-6, 295, Rookie, Michigan)
- Robert McCune (LB, 6-0, 245, 2nd-year, Louisville)
- Allen Patrick (RB, 6-1, 200, Rookie, Oklahoma)
- Ronnie Prude (CB, 5-11, 180, 3rd-year, LSU)
- Joe Reitz (T, 6-7, 270, Rookie, Western Michigan)
- Chad Slaughter (6-8, 340, 5th-year Alcorn State)
- Gary Stills (LB, 6-2, 250, 10th-year, West Virginia)
- Ernie Wheelwright (WR, 6-5, 220, Rookie, Minnesota)
- Lorenzo Williams (DL, 6-0, 310, Rookie, Missouri)
- Matt Willis (WR, 5-11, 190, 2nd-year, UCLA)
The Ravens have also placed the following players on Injured Reserve:
- David Pittman (CB, 5-11, 185, 3rd-year, Northwestern State)
- Cory Ross (RB, 5-6, 205, 3rd-year, Nebraska)
Reminder: CB Fabian Washington has been suspended for the Sept. 7 Bengals' game, as has CB Derrick Martin (see below). A suspended player does not count against a team's roster.
STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:
Derrick Martin of the Baltimore Ravens has been suspended without pay for the team's first regular-season game and fined one additional game check for violating the NFL Substance Abuse Policy.
Martin's suspension for the Ravens' first regular-season game will begin on Saturday, August 30. He is eligible to return to the Ravens' active roster on Monday, September 8 following the team's September 7 opener against the Cincinnati Bengals.
[Note: The NFL Substance Abuse Policy is posted on nflmedia.com. From the home page, click on "Resources" and then "About the NFL."]
Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome:
"With the two suspended players (Derrick Martin and Fabian Washington), that gives us 52 players on the current roster. We will add another player before the opener against the Bengals."