Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers, October 8, 2023
- Sitting atop the AFC North standings, the Baltimore Ravens (3-1) travel to battle the Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2), who are tied with Cleveland for second in the division. Baltimore is 2-0 on the road this season, winning at Cincinnati (27-24 in Week 2) and last Sunday (28-3) at Cleveland.
- Eighteen of the 30 regular season games between Baltimore and Pittsburgh since 2008 have been decided by 3-or-fewer points (including both games in 2022), and 24 have been one-score affairs.
- Baltimore is 3-1 for the 10th time during head coach John Harbaugh's 16 seasons (also 2009-12, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020-21). The Ravens tie Green Bay for most seasons (10) with a winning record through four games since Coach Harbaugh's 2008 arrival.
- In the all-time Baltimore-Pittsburgh series, the Steelers lead the regular season count, 30-24, also going 3-1 in the playoffs. Under Coach Harbaugh, Baltimore is 15-18 (including playoffs). The two rivals split the 2022 series, with each winning on the road.
- In what marked Coach Harbaugh's 150th-career regular season victory, Baltimore defeated the host Browns, 28-3, last Sunday. QB Lamar Jackson accounted for 4 total TDs (2 rushing & 2 passing – both to TE Mark Andrews), while the defense registered 4 sacks on and 3 INTs of rookie QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson. Jackson was 15-of-19 passing for 186 yards (142.5 rating), as LB Roquan Smith led the defense with a game-high 10 tackles and 2 PD.
- The Monday (10/9) following Sunday's Steelers game, Baltimore will travel to London for week-long preparations prior to its 10/15 (9:30 a.m. ET) contest vs. Tennessee at Tottenham Stadium.