TODD MONKEN is entering his 35th season coaching and ninth at the pro level, including his fifth year coordinating NFL offenses. He last led NFL attacks for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2016-18) and Cleveland Browns (2019). Monken also coached the Jacksonville Jaguars' wide receivers from 2007-10. Prior to his 2023 Charm City arrival, Monken served as the University of Georgia's offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach (2020-22), helping guide the Bulldogs to back-to-back national championships (2021-22). His 26-year collegiate coaching career also includes a stint as Southern Mississippi's head coach (2013-15) and duties as the offensive coordinator at Oklahoma State (2011-12) and Eastern Michigan (1998-99).
- Guided Georgia's offense from 2020-22, helping produce back-to-back championship seasons (2021-22).
- Led the Bulldogs' offense to a No. 5 national ranking in points per game (39.8) and No. 8 in scrimmage yards per game (472.0) over the span of Georgia's most recent national title seasons (2021-22)...The Bulldogs posted 198.1 rushing yards per contest during this stretch, while adding 273.8 passing yards per game.
- Georgia led the nation in total net yards (7,517) and total points scored (616) during its 2022 national championship campaign, with Heisman Trophy finalist QB Stetson Bennett throwing 27 TDs, while rushing for 10 more.
- Directed a Browns' offense in 2019 that featured RB Nick Chubb, who produced the league's second-most rushing yards (1,494) and tallied 8 TDs...QB Baker Mayfield threw for a single-season career-high 3,827 passing yards, while adding 22 TDs, and WR Odell Beckham Jr. produced his fifth 1,000-yard season.
- From 2016-18, Monken led a Buccaneers' offense that ranked third in first downs per game (22.5), second in passing yards per game (279.5) and first in third-down conversion percentage (44.4%).
- In 2018, helped Tampa Bay lead the NFL in passing offense (320.3 ypg) and finish third in total offense (415.5 ypg), setting single-season club records in each category...Behind QBs Jameis Winston and Ryan Fitzpatrick that season, the Buccaneers also totaled a then-franchise-record 408 completions and 36 passing TDs.
- WR Mike Evans flourished under Monken's offense in 2018, recording a career-high and franchise-record 1,524 receiving yards, en route to a Pro Bowl selection.
2020-22: (with Georgia) 2022:Georgia won its second-consecutive national championship, leading the nation in total net yards (7,517) and total points (616), with Heisman Trophy finalist QB Stetson Bennett throwing 27 TDs, while rushing for 10 more. 2021:Georgia won its first national championship since 1980...Supported by arguably college football's best defense ever, Georgia's offense ranked in the Top 10 in points per game (38.6, ninth), yards per play (7.0, fourth) and total first downs (341, tied for seventh). 2020:Monken was hired as Georgia's offensive coordinator.
2019: (with Cleveland)Monken directed a Browns' offense that featured RB Nick Chubb, who produced the league's second-most rushing yards (1,494) and tallied 8 TDs...QB Baker Mayfield threw for a single-season career-high 3,827 passing yards, while adding 22 TDs, and WR Odell Beckham Jr. recorded his most recent 1,000-yard season.
2016-18: (with Tampa Bay)From 2016-18, Monken led a Buccaneers' offense that ranked third in first downs per game (22.5), second in passing yards per game (279.5) and first in third-down conversion percentage (44.4%)...Tampa Bay averaged a league-high 10.3 air yards per pass attempt and ranked second in yards per completion (12.4). 2018: Tampa Bay led the NFL in passing offense (320.3 ypg) and finished third in total offense (415.5 ypg), setting single-season club records in each category...Behind QBs Jameis Winston and Ryan Fitzpatrick, the Buccaneers also totaled a then-franchise-record 408 completions and 36 passing TDs...WR Mike Evans recorded a career-high and franchise-record 1,524 receiving yards, en route to a Pro Bowl selection. 2017:Monken helped oversee an offense that set then-franchise records in passing yards (4,366), first downs (352), passing first downs (243) and yards per attempt (7.6)...Tampa Bay finished fourth in passing yards per game (272.9) and third-down conversion rate (43.4%), while tying (KC) for the 10th-most passing TDs (26). 2016: Tampa Bay posted the NFL's most efficient goal-to-go offense (85.7%) and ranked No. 6 in third-down conversion percentage (43.9%)...WR Mike Evans earned his first-career Pro Bowl nod after recording 96 catches for 1,321 yards and 12 TDs, finishing with the NFL's sixth-most receptions, fourth-most receiving yards and second-most TD grabs.
2013-15: (with Southern Mississippi)Monken spent three seasons as head coach at Southern Mississippi...After taking over a program that finished 0-12 the previous season, he guided a dramatic turnaround that saw the Golden Eagles become postseason bowl participants by the end of his third campaign. 2015:Led by Monken, Conference USA's Coach of the Year, Southern Miss posted a 9-5 record in 2015, winning the Conference USA West division and earning an appearance in the Heart of Dallas Bowl...Monken's Southern Miss team ranked Top 20 in the country in scoring offense (13th, 39.9 ppg), passing offense (12th, 329.7 ypg) and total offense (12th, 509.5 ypg), each of which ranked second in Conference USA...His offense was one of the most explosive in the NCAA, with the Golden Eagles leading the nation in plays of 20+ yards (109) and ranking second in the country in plays of 30+ yards (54)...Monken also guided the development of junior QB Nick Mullens, who set school records for passing yards (4,476), total TDs (41), passing TDs (38) and completions (331)...The Golden Eagles had 10 players named first- or second-team All-Conference USA in 2015, up from one such selection in 2013 and two in 2014.
2011-12: (with Oklahoma State)Monken spent two seasons as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for Oklahoma State (2011-12), his second stint with the Cowboys, after having worked as the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach from 2002-04...During his time as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, the team set then-school season records for total offensive yards (7,111 in 2012), passing yards (5,034 in 2011), completion percentage (71.9 in 2011), points scored (633 in 2011) and passing TDs (40 in 2011)...He worked with QB Brandon Weeden and WR Justin Blackmon, who both went on to become first-round picks in the 2012 NFL Draft.
2007-10: (with Jacksonville)Monken spent four seasons as the Jaguars' wide receivers coach...He mentored WR Reggie Williams, who set a then-club record with 10 TD grabs in 2007.
2005-06: (with LSU)Served as LSU's passing game coordinator/wide receivers coach, helping develop future first-round NFL Draft selections WRs Dwayne Bowe and Buster Davis.
2002-04: (with Oklahoma State)Served as the pass game coordinator/wide receivers coach in his first stint at OSU.
2000-01: (with Louisiana Tech)Served as the wide receivers coach (2001) and the running backs/wide receivers coach (2000) for the Bulldogs.
1993-1999: (with Eastern Michigan)Was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach from 1998-99 after serving five seasons (1993-97) as the Eagles' defensive backs and wide receivers coach.
1991-92: (with Notre Dame)Was a graduate assistant with Notre Dame for two seasons.
1989-90: (with Grand Valley State)Entered the coaching ranks as a graduate assistant with Grand Valley State.
COLLEGE:Was a three-year letterman at QB for Knox College (Galesburg, Ill.), where he earned his bachelor's degree in economics in 1989...Earned a master's degree in education leadership from Grand Valley State in 1991.
PERSONAL:Monken is a member of the Knox College Athletic Hall of Fame...He and his wife, Terri, have one son, Travis, a student assistant at Oklahoma State.