Applications are open for the 2015 Ravens cheerleading squad.
The team is holding tryouts in Baltimore this weekend, and local women and men will have a chance to join one of the NFL's elite squads.
"Part of the reward is to be part of a winning team, and that's what we are," Cheerleading Coordinator Tina Galidieri said. "Everybody wants to be part of a winning football team."
The tryouts will be conducted for both the dance team and the co-ed stunt team. The Ravens are looking for women with dance, gymnastics and cheerleading experience, and men with cheerleading or gymnastics experience.
"I really look for an overall package, and what they can bring to the organization," Galidieri said. "Of course talent, beauty and fitness level all speak to the norm of an NFL cheerleader. But I feel like we look beyond that, and I want them to be a success story in their own lives."
The auditions will begin on Saturday, March 7, at 9:30 a.m. at the Downtown Athletic Club (210 E. Centre Street, Baltimore, MD). Callbacks will be held March 8. Walk-in candidates will be accepted on the day of the tryouts.
The cheerleading squad has been an important piece of the team throughout franchise history, and here are some of biggest benefits of being part of the team provided by last year's members:
- "I have helped raise millions of dollars for charities and gotten to meet the people I have helped." – Brandi R.
- "I've had the opportunity to travel the world … Hawaii for Pro Bowl, tropical islands for our calendar shoots & overseas to visit the military— LIFE CHANGING!!" – Jaime A.
- "I have a better resume than most of my friends thanks to the Ravens." – Sean S.
- "I get to run out of the tunnel in front of 70,000 screaming fans and stand so close to the players I can hear their pads hitting each other. Goosebumps!" – Janine Z.
- "I have a closet full of free Nike, New Era gear." – Steve S.
- "I have the best seat on gameday … the field!" – Megan A.
- "I have a free gym and tanning membership year round!" – Jess M.
- "I've been in the endzone, inches away from a touchdown in the final minutes of a game." – Henry M.
- "I get to show off the skills I worked hard to obtain and I still get perform after college." – Julieanne P.