Vote for Ravens quarterback Joe Flaccofor the Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week and for Ravens linebacker Ray Lewisfor the GMC Sierra Defensive Player of the Week after their impressive performances in Baltimore's 41-13 win over the Houston Texans.**
Flacco picked apart the Texans' defense, completing 15 of 23 passes for 185 yards and two touchdowns, including a 43-yard strike to wideout Yamon Figurs in the end zone. His 118.9 quarterback rating was his second-highest this season, and for the fourth consecutive week, Flacco did not throw an interception.
Fans can vote for Flacco on NFL.com/rookies beginning Tuesday at 8 a.m. and ending on Friday at noon to determine the Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week. The Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com/rookies.
Lewis offered a vintage outing in Houston, snaring two interceptions for the third multi-pick game of his career. The last time Lewis notched multiple interceptions came in 2001. No. 52 also led the team with eight tackles and was key in limiting the Texans to only 75 rushing yards.
Fans can vote for Lewis on NFL.com/gmc beginning immediately following Monday Night Football and ending on Thursday at 4:00 p.m. ET to determine the GMC Sierra Defensive Player of the Week. The winner will be announced Thursday evening on NFL.com.
*Here is a list of all Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week nominees: *
- Baltimore Ravens QB JOE FLACCO completed 15 of 23 passes for 185 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' 41 - 13 win over the Houston Texans.
- New England Patriots RB BEN JARVUS GREEN-ELLIS rushed for 105 yards and a touchdown on 26 carries in the Patriots' 20 - 10 win over the AFC East rival Buffalo Bills.
- Miami Dolphins T JAKE LONG was part of an offensive line that led a running game that amassed 155 yards and two touchdowns on 27 attempts (5.7-yard average) and allowed only two sacks in the Dolphins' 21 - 19 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
- Denver Broncos WR EDDIE ROYAL totaled 164 receiving yards on six receptions including a 93-yard touchdown catch in the Broncos' 34 - 30 win over the Cleveland Browns on NFL Network's Thursday Night Football.
- Atlanta Falcons QB MATT RYAN completed 16 of 23 passes for 248 yards and two touchdowns in the Falcons' 34 - 20 win over the New Orleans Saints.
Here is a list of all nominees for the GMC Sierra Defensive Player of the Week:
- Baltimore Ravens LB RAY LEWIS made eight tackles and two interceptions returned for a total of 43 yards in the Ravens' 41 - 13 win over the Houston Texans.
- Miami Dolphins S YEREMIAH BELL led the Dolphins with nine tackles and defensed a two-point conversion attempt by Seattle to secure the Dolphins' 21 - 19 win over the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth quarter.
- New York Jets S ABRAM ELAM sacked Rams QB Marc Bulger forcing a fumble in the first quarter that was returned for a touchdown. Elam totaled four tackles and a defensed pass in the Jets' 47 - 3 win over the St. Louis Rams.
- Indianapolis Colts DE DWIGHT FREENEY totaled three tackles including two sacks and one forced fumble in the Colts' 24 - 20 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Carolina Panthers DE JULIUS PEPPERS contributed seven tackles, three sacks, two forced fumbles and one defensed pass in the Panthers' 17 - 6 win over the Oakland Raiders.
VOTE FOR JOE| *VOTE FOR RAY*