The Ravens went on the road again Sunday, holding an open practice at Stevenson University in Owings Mills.
The stands were full for the Ravens' final off-site practice of the preseason.
"This is just a great night for football, and it's a beautiful campus," Head Coach John Harbaugh said. "The stadium is beautiful. Everyone here at Stevenson University has just been fantastic, all the way through. A lot of great people and we love them over here."
Here were the highlights from the evening:
- Wide receiver Torrey Smith did not practice because he was given a day off for rest. This was the first practice Smith has missed during training camp.
- Outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil (groin) sat out practice for the second straight day. Tight end Ed Dickson (hamstring), defensive lineman Marcus Spears (hamstring) and wide receiver Deonte Thompson (foot) all sat out of practice again after missing last week's game against the Falcons.
- Thompson is still recovering from a sprained foot that he suffered in the preseason opener against Tampa Bay, and Harbaugh said that he will be re-evaluated after Thursday's game against Carolina. The team expected Thompson to be out a couple of weeks when he first suffered the injury.
- Right guard Marshal Yanda (shoulder) and cornerback Lardarius Webb (ACL) were both full participants in practice, and Harbaugh said they could make their preseason debuts this Thursday. The Ravens will decide later this week whether to play them against the Panthers.
- Brandon Stokley scored a touchdown pass over the middle on the very first play of 11-on-11 drills. The touchdown came during a red-zone drill, and Stokley got wide open in the secondary for the touchdown. A few plays later, Stokley made an impressive one-handed catch over cornerback Asa Jackson, but he was ruled out of bounds.
- Running back Ray Rice loves to ham it up for the crowd. In the early part of practice, Rice walked up and down the sidelines talking with fans and cracking jokes.
- Justin Tucker hit a field goal from 68 yards off the tee as the rest of the team was going through 11-on-11 drills. The Ravens then gave him a shot from 64 yards during team drills, but the kick ended up well short. Tucker looked clearly frustrated after that attempt fell short.
- Rookie fullback Kyle Juszczyk had a great touchdown catch over the middle of the field on a pass from quarterback Joe Flacco. Juszczyk was lined up in the slot and then Flacco floated the ball perfectly over the linebacker for Juszczyk to make the catch.
- Inside linebacker Josh Bynes blew up running back Bernard Pierce on a blitz during 11-on-11 drills. Bynes rushed through the line of scrimmage and Pierce squared him up to make the block, but Bynes knocked him over and ran right to the quarterback.
- Rookie wide receiver Rashaad Carter had a great one-handed catch over cornerback Chris Johnson during one-on-one drills. Johnson got his hands on the ball, but Carter took the hit and was still able to bring in the catch. A few plays later, Carter got big cheers from the crowd again when he blew by cornerback Moe Lee in the same drill for a touchdown pass.
- Second-year guard Kelechi Osemele stone-walled defensive lineman Chris Canty during one-on-one pass rushing drills. Osemele has big expectations this season, and he's having a very strong training camp up to this point.