Every year, certain position groups are stronger than others in the draft.
This year, some of the deepest and most highly talented groups are wide receiver, offensive line and running back, according to Ravens Director of College Scouting Joe Hortiz.
"I'd say those three positions are pretty strong in relation to the others in the draft," he said.
Just because there's a strong class at one position doesn't mean the Ravens will be drafting from that group in the early rounds, however.
Wide receiver and offensive line were also high-quality position last year and the Ravens didn't draft a wideout until the seventh round (Michael Campanaro) and offensive lineman until the fifth (John Urschel).
Sometimes good depth at a position means the Ravens can wait until later rounds because they'll still find quality.
The Ravens don't have a pressing need for offensive linemen considering their starting five, plus reserves in Urschel and tackle James Hurst, are all slated to return in 2015. But Baltimore may have interest in receivers and running backs.
With that in mind, here are some of the top players at Hortiz's positions of strength, and their current projected draft round, according to CBS Sports:
- Amari Cooper, Alabama (Round 1, Top-10)
- Kevin White, West Virginia (Round 1)
- DeVante Parker, Louisville (Round 1)
- Dorial Green-Beckham, Oklahoma (Round 1)
- Jaelen Strong, Arizona State (Round 1)
- Sammie Coates, Auburn (Round 1-2)
- Devin Funchess, Michigan (Round 1-2)
- Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin (Round 1)
- Todd Gurley, Georgia (Round 1-2)
- Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska (Round 2)
- Tevin Coleman, Indiana (Round 2)
- Duke Johnson, Miami (Round 2)
- Jay Ajayi, Boise State (Round 2)
- T.J. Yeldon, Alabama (Round 2-3)
- Cameron Artis-Payne, Auburn (Round 2-3)
- OT Brandon Scherff, Iowa (Round 1)
- OT Andrus Peat, Stanford (Round 1)
- OT T.J. Clemmings, Pittsburgh (Round 1)
- OT La'el Collins, LSU (Round 1)
- OT Ereck Flowers, Miami (Fl.) (Round 1)
For reference, Hortiz said quarterback and safety are two positions with the least amount of depth, as it appears now.