The Ravens announced Wednesday the launch of their November Food Collection efforts, in conjunction with Giant Food and the Maryland Food Bank (MFB). In celebration of the Ravens 20th season and 20 years of supporting the MFB, this year's collection goal is 20,000 pounds of food. Fans are encouraged to donate to the collection in a variety of different ways, which are detailed below:
- Giant Food, the official supermarket and pharmacy of the Ravens and proud title sponsor of Purple, the official Baltimore Ravens Women's Club, will collect non-perishable items for the November Food Collection efforts in over 50 area stores beginning today and through Nov. 16. Fans are encouraged to purchase on-site, pre-packaged boxes for only $10, which include the MFB's most-needed food items.
- The Baltimore Ravens will host the 20th annual Family Food & Funds Drive, sponsored by Giant Food, prior to kickoff of this Sunday's game against the San Diego Chargers. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Maryland Food Bank and M&T Bank volunteers will be joined by the Lady Ravens Association, a group comprised of Ravens players' and coaches' wives, to collect monetary and non-perishable food donations outside all M&T Bank Stadium entrance gates. The Family Food & Funds Drive is also supported by Von Paris, which will transport collected items from the stadium to the MFB.
- On Monday, Nov. 16, the team will host a Ravens Final Collection Rally at the Clarksville Village of River Hill Plaza Giant Food store. Ravens players will be on-hand to help with the final push in collections. Fans are encouraged to attend and donate in an effort to reach the Ravens' final collection goal.
- Also, on Monday, Nov. 16, members of the Ravens All Community Team (ACT) will volunteer at the Maryland Food Bank to help sort and pack food for distribution to hungry families all across Maryland. The ACT is comprised of Baltimore corporations, including title sponsor M&T Bank, who provide financial and volunteer support to many Ravens community service projects.
- If fans are not able to donate at the Ravens vs. Chargers game or at a Baltimore-area Giant Food store location and would still like to make a donation, the Ravens have setup an online drive through YouGiveGoods. Please visit yougivegoods.com/feedtheflock to make your donation.
- When donating to the Food Drive, fans are encouraged to post on social media outlets using #FeedTheFlock for a chance to win prizes, including a tour of the Ravens' Under Amour Performance Center. Ravens players and staff will also be using the hashtag in posts as they compete in their food collection efforts.
Maryland Food Bank (MFB) Fast Facts:
- The MFB has distributed more than 35 million pounds of food – the equivalent of 29 million meals – to a network of more than 900 soup kitchens, pantries and shelters across the state. It's estimated that hungry Marylanders miss nearly 90 million meals each year.
- The MFB is mostly in need of non-perishable food items, including canned meats like tuna, chicken and beef stew, shelf-stable milk, canned vegetables, peanut butter and macaroni and cheese.
What:20th Annual Ravens Family Food & Funds Drive, sponsored by Giant FoodWhere:M&T Bank Stadium, All GatesWhen:Ravens vs. Chargers, Sunday, Nov. 1 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.Who:Maryland Food Bank Volunteers, M&T Bank Volunteers, Lady Ravens Association