Local singers will descend on M&T Bank Stadium next week, home of the Baltimore Ravens, to audition for a chance to perform the National Anthem during Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam®, the world's premier monster truck series, creating HAVOC IN THE HARBOR on Saturday, July 9, 2011 at 7:30 p.m.
WHEN: Tuesday, June 28, 2011
5:00 – 10:00 a.m.
· Ten finalists will audition live in front of local judges for a chance to be selected to perform the National Anthem in front of thousands of fans during the July Monster Jam event.
· Judges include:
- Joel D. Smith, Anchor from FOX45 Morning News
- Mishael Miller, Baltimore Ravens' Official Anthem Singer
- Alan Kreizenbeck, UMBC Department of Theatre Chair
- Shalanda Hansboro, Music Instructor at Baltimore School for the Arts
WHAT: Ten local finalists have been selected by public vote in the online "Star Spangled Sing Off" contest on FOXBaltimore.com and CWBaltimore.com. These ten finalists will audition before a panel of judges on June 28th at M&T Bank Stadium. LIVE coverage of the finalists' auditions will air on FOX45 Morning News. The winning contestant will perform the National Anthem at Monster Jam's "HAVOC IN THE HARBOR"* *on July 9th in front of thousands of Baltimore fans.
WHERE: Finalists will audition at:
M&T Bank Stadium
1101 Russell Street
Baltimore, MD 21230