The Baltimore Ravens announced today the launch of their November Food Collection efforts, in conjunction with Giant Food and the Maryland Food Bank. Fans are encouraged to donate to the collection in a variety of different ways, detailed below.
- Giant Food, the official supermarket of the Ravens and proud title sponsor of Purple, the official Baltimore Ravens Women's Club, will collect canned goods, non-perishable items and donations for the November Food Collection efforts in over 50 area stores from Nov. 1 – 29. In the select Baltimore area stores, fans can receive a stadium-approved gameday bag with a $5 donation to the food drive.
- A kickoff event will take place this coming Saturday (11/2) at the Timonium Shopping Center Giant Food and feature Ravens alumni, cheerleaders and official team mascot Poe. (Information about the event can be found below.) On-site donations will be accepted for the "Outweigh the Ravens' O-Line" promotion, with a goal to collect over 1,600 pounds of food.
- Collection efforts through the Giant Food stores will be enhanced on Sunday, Nov. 24, the day of the 18th annual Ravens Family Food & Funds Drive at M&T Bank Stadium. The Lady Ravens Association, M&T Bank and Maryland Food Bank volunteers will collect monetary donations and non-perishables prior to the Ravens vs. Jets kickoff at 1 p.m. The final poundage collected will be calculated and distributed through the Maryland Food Bank. The 18th annual Ravens Family Food & Funds Drive is also supported by Von Paris, which will transport collected items from the stadium to the Maryland Food Bank.
Maryland Food Bank Fast Facts:
- The Maryland Food Bank has distributed more than 34 million pounds of food – the equivalent of 28.8 million meals – to a network of 975 soup kitchens, pantries and shelters across the state. It's estimated that hungry Marylanders miss nearly 75 million meals each year.
- The Maryland Food Bank is in most need of non-perishable food items including canned meats like tuna, chicken and beef stew, shelf-stable milk, canned vegetables, peanut butter, and macaroni and cheese.* *
Alumni players Qadry Ismail, Kyle Richardson and Michael McCrary
Official team mascot Poe
November Food Collection Kickoff Event
Activities and games for families of all ages
Timonium Shopping Center
2145 York Road
Timonium, MD 21093
*When: *Saturday, Nov. 2
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
9:30 a.m. press conference