RAVENS AGREE TO TERMS WITH SETH ROBERTS
The Baltimore Ravens and WR Seth Roberts have agreed in principle to terms on a one-year contract, pending the passing of a physical, executive vice president/general manager Eric DeCosta announced Friday afternoon.
Here are several notes on the 6-2, 195-pound Roberts:
- Roberts enters his fifth NFL season after playing his first four years (2015-18) with the Oakland Raiders. He was originally signed by the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 2014 and spent the entire season on the team’s practice squad. Roberts was promoted to the 53-man roster beginning in 2015.
- Seeing action in 62 career games (25 starts), he has recorded 158 receptions for 1,826 yards (11.6 average) and 13 touchdowns.
- In 2018, Roberts appeared in 15 games (seven starts) and recorded career highs with 45 receptions and 494 yards, adding two touchdowns.
- Roberts had a career-best five receiving touchdowns in each of his first two NFL seasons (2015-16). He also led the NFL during that span with four game-winning touchdown receptions.
- A native of Moultrie, Ga., Roberts tallied 13 touchdowns in two seasons at West Alabama after transferring from Pearl River Community College (Hattiesburg, Miss.)