GamePlanEarth (GPE) is a season-long environmental initiative established and led by the Ravens to help make Baltimore a more sustainable city. Through this program, the team hopes to further educate fans about growing environmental challenges and encourage them to recycle, reuse and conserve. GPE is an extension of the organization’s continued efforts to reinforce M&T Bank Stadium’s LEED Gold Certification, a designation given to organizations that strive to deliver healthy, environmental-friendly, cost-saving and energy- and water-efficient operating buildings in the community. In addition, the Under Armour Performance Center's new north wing recently achieved the prestigious LEED Gold level certification, further recognizing the Ravens' commitment to sustainability and environmental stewardship.
Monday, Aug. 27
- The Ravens will open applications for their fifth annual GamePlanEarth Ambassador Award, a program that recognizes and highlights a Baltimore-area school that has implemented environmental initiatives and is a leader in the community with their efforts. Schools are encouraged to apply for a chance to be presented with a $2,500 grant, which will assist in the continuation of their work. The application may be found here and must be received via email no later than Oct. 8.
Tuesday, Aug. 28
- On Tuesday (8/28), Ravens staff will join The 6th Branch (T6B), a veteran-led neighborhood development organization, to clear vacant lots and refurbish abandoned neighborhood gardens. Volunteer work will range from basic landscaping to removing fencing, concrete, bricks and overgrowth. The event will begin at 10 a.m. in Baltimore City near Ambrose Kennedy Park (1101 Forrest Street, Baltimore, MD 21202).
Wednesday, Aug. 29
- On Wednesday (8/29), the Ravens will host a #GamePlanEarth challenge on social media to encourage fans to recycle, share eco-friendly practices and promote sustainable living. By using the hashtag through social media, fans will have the opportunity to be selected to win an autographed item.
Thursday, Aug. 30 vs. Washington Redskins
- Volunteers sponsored by the Baltimore Exelon Eco-Team will collect recyclable materials in tailgate lots leading up to the Ravens vs. Redskins game (8/30) from 4:30 p.m. until kickoff (7:30 p.m.). Approximately 40 volunteers wearing green shirts will walk the lots collecting recyclable material and educating fans. The group will then attend the game as guests of the Ravens and be recognized in-game for their collection efforts.
- Ravens fans are encouraged to stop by the GPE tent located on RavensWalk, where a limited quantity of eco-friendly Ravens keychains and koozies will be distributed prior to the game, encouraging the use of #GamePlanEarth hashtag. By visiting the GPE tent and using the hashtag through social media, some lucky fans will be selected to win two tickets to a Ravens home game and autographed items.
- During the game, the Ravens will inform fans about the Under Armour Performance Center and M&T Bank Stadium’s LEED Gold Certification while educating them on ways to properly recycle, reuse and conserve, via signage throughout the stadium and in-game messaging on the RavensVision boards.
Friday, Aug. 31
- On Friday evening (8/31), the Ravens will co-host a Purple Friday Baltimore Bike Party to support and encourage bike riding as an eco-friendly form of transportation in the city. Riders will follow a bike route through the city and end in Parking Lot B/C of M&T Bank Stadium at approximately 9 p.m. For more information, please visit https://baltimorebikeparty.com/.
For more information about GamePlanEarth, please visit www.BaltimoreRavens.com/GamePlanEarth.