GamePlanEarth (GPE) is a week of environmental initiatives established and led by the Ravens to help better the Baltimore community. Through activation, the Ravens plan to make Baltimore a more sustainable city by informing fans about growing environmental challenges and educating them on how to recycle, reuse and conserve. GPE is an extension of the organization's continued efforts to reinforce M&T Bank Stadium's LEED Gold Certification, a designation given to organizations that strive to deliver healthy, environmental-friendly, cost-saving and energy- and water-efficient operating buildings in the community.
Monday, Nov. 16
- On Monday (11/16), Ravens LS Morgan Cox will join Ravens staff and the Parks & People Foundation to host a volunteer day at the Baltimore Community ToolBank, assisting with the beautification of their Stormwater Factory. A short tour will also be included to see the greening projects Parks & People have been conducting with the ToolBank. For more information about the Baltimore Community ToolBank, please visit http://www.baltimore.toolbank.org/.
- The Ravens will also use the hashtag promotion #GamePlanEarth and encourage fans to, "Show us your #GamePlanEarth." Fans can upload their photos using the hashtag #GamePlanEarth to illustrate how they are doing their part to be environmentally friendly. Following the Ravens vs. Rams game on Nov. 22, some lucky fans will be selected to win a Ravens GPE Prize Pack.
Wednesday, Nov. 18
- The Ravens will honor their second annual GamePlanEarth Ambassador Award winner, a program that recognizes and highlights a Baltimore-area school which has implemented environmental initiatives and is a leader in the community. The 2015 GamePlanEarth Ambassador Award will be given to Harlem Park Elementary-Middle School. Representatives from the school will be present at the Ravens' Under Armour Performance Center at 10:30 a.m., and after a tour of the team's facilities, will be presented with the award and a $1,000 grant to assist in the continuation of their work.
Thursday, Nov. 19
- Members of the Ravens staff will participate in a road cleanup near the Under Armour Performance Center on Thursday (11/19) from 10 – 11:30 a.m. in an effort remove litter, recyclables and debris. Through the Baltimore County Adopt-A-Road Program, approximately 25 staff members will clean the portion of Dolfield Boulevard that extends between Deer Park Road and Lakeside Boulevard.
Sunday, Nov. 22 vs. Rams
- The Green Street Academy scholars will collect recyclable materials in tailgate lots leading up to the Ravens vs. Rams game (11/22) from 10 a.m. until kickoff (1 p.m.). Approximately 50 volunteers wearing green shirts, sponsored by the BGE Eco-Team, will walk the lots collecting recyclable material, educating fans and handing out a limited number of Ravens #GamePlanEarth-marked giveaways. The group will then attend the game as guests of the Ravens and be recognized in-game for its collection efforts and as the recipient of the 2015 GamePlanEarth Ambassador Award.
- Limited quantities of eco-friendly giveaways will be distributed on RavensWalk prior to the game, encouraging the use of #GamePlanEarth. By visiting the GPE tent and using the hashtag contest through social media, one lucky fan will be selected to win an autographed item.
- During the game, the Ravens will inform fans about M&T Bank Stadium's LEED Gold Certification and educate them on ways to properly recycle, reuse and conserve, via signage throughout the stadium and in-game messaging on the RavensVision boards.
For more information about GamePlanEarth, please visit www.BaltimoreRavens.com/GamePlanEarth.