The Ravens All Community Team Foundation (RACTF) has awarded nearly $100,000 in grants to 22 nonprofit organizations in the Baltimore metropolitan area. In its third year, the Ravens' Plan in Motion project provides grants of up to $5,000 for initiating and/or continuing programs or projects that promote physical fitness and nutritional education.
Grants will be used for a variety of programs and projects that encourage healthy youth activities. Approved projects that received grants include: Funding four scholarship classes through Girls on the Run Annapolis, who combine training for a 5K with self-esteem uplifting workouts; Supporting the free Burn Machine Fitness program at Kennedy Krieger Institute for youth who are physically challenged; Establishing the Patterson Area Elementary Soccer League for three Baltimore schools, which includes instruction and competition; Creating a nutritional education component for the squash program at Booker T. Washington Middle School; Supporting physical fitness activities and adventure outings for Maryland School for the Blind students.
The Ravens All Community Team Foundation is dedicated to improving and facilitating the healthy development of youth in Baltimore and throughout the state of Maryland. The Plan in Motion project was designed to encourage healthy youth activities and promote the importance of nutrition and exercise for children.
Additional foundation projects focused on youth and the promotion of physical fitness and athletics include the stadium renovations at Baltimore Polytechnic Institute (2006) and Mergenthaler Vocational Technical High School (2008) and KaBoom! playground builds at Collington Square School (2007) and the Good Samaritan Hospital Child Development Center (2009).
2009 Ravens Plan In Motion Grant Recipients:
- Afya Public Charter School
- Annapolis Recreation and Parks
- Baltimore City Department of Recreation and Parks
- Baltimore SquashWise
- Baltimore Urban Program 2010
- Camp Fire USA Baltimore
- Camp Umoja, Inc.
- Child First Authority, Inc.
- Cub Pack 570 - Boy Scouts of America
- Douglas Memorial Community Church
- Dr. Rayner Browne Academy
- Girls on the Run Annapolis
- Greater Baltimore Tennis Patrons Association, Inc.
- Heroes Helping Heroes
- Higher Achievement-Baltimore
- Monte Sanders FIT FAMILIES, Inc.
- Physically Challenged Sports and Recreation Program at Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Saint Ignatius Loyola Academy
- Sisters Academy of Baltimore, Inc.
- Southwest Baltimore Charter School
- The Maryland School for the Blind
- Wolfe Street Academy, under Charter School Operator Baltimore Curriculum Project
For more information on the Ravens ACT Foundation or the Ravens' Plan in Motion project, visit www.baltimoreravens.com/community.