Throughout October, the Baltimore Ravens support Breast Cancer Awareness Month with a variety of initiatives that will be highlighted when the Ravens take on the Redskins this Sunday (10/9) at M&T Bank Stadium. These efforts include:
Sunday, Oct. 9 vs. Washington Redskins
- Ravens staff, family members and volunteers will distribute over 50,000 pink ribbons to fans as they enter M&T Bank Stadium on Sunday before the Ravens' Breast Cancer Awareness game. In collaboration with the American Cancer Society's (ACS) campaign, A Crucial Catch: Annual Screening Saves Lives, women 40 and older will be reminded about the importance of having an annual mammogram.
- Prior to kickoff, approximately 30 women – a combination of breast cancer survivors and those currently undergoing treatment – will be honored during an on-field ceremonial tribute.
- The Ravens will also incorporate many pink elements into the Oct. 9 game. Ravens players and coaches will wear pink items throughout the game, including cleats, gloves, hats, wristbands, Gatorade towels and more. Ravens cheerleaders will sport pink pom-poms, team mascot Poe will wear a pink New Era cap and members of Baltimore's Marching Ravens will wear pink plumes. Additionally, M&T Bank Stadium will feature on-field and in-stadium branding.
- Game-worn pink merchandise, along with special game balls and pink coins, will be auctioned off at www.nflauction.nfl.com, with proceeds benefiting the ACS's Community Health Advocates implementing Nationwide Grants for Empowerment and Equity (CHANGE) program. To date, the program has raised more than $15 million for breast cancer awareness, prevention and research efforts as a result of the A Crucial Catch campaign.
Monday, Oct. 10
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month efforts continue on Monday, Oct. 10, when the Ravens host the second annual "Sip 'N Paint Night" at M&T Bank Stadium for pre-registered Team Purple participants and those who are currently battling or have overcome breast cancer. The evening will include refreshments, hors d'oeuvres and a Ravens-themed instructional painting session provided by Trevino Paint (Pikesville, Md.).
Sunday, Oct. 16
- The Ravens have partnered with the American Cancer Society through support of the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event on Sunday, Oct. 16. Ravens fans are encouraged to join Team Purple and will receive a commemorative t-shirt. Additionally, CB Shareece Wright created his own group in support of Team Purple to raise funds for the cause. Wright will donate two tickets to the Ravens vs. Browns game on Thursday, Nov. 10 to one lucky donor, as well as raffle off a pair of his game-worn gloves. For more information about Shareece's promotion, fans should visit: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=44223389&fr_id=77472&pg=personal.
Friday, Oct. 21
- The Ravens RISE High School Game of the Week on Friday, Oct. 21 will incorporate several pink aspects throughout the evening, including banners from the NFL's *A Crucial Catch *campaign. In addition, both teams will be provided pink gloves and wristbands to wear, courtesy of the Ravens. The American Cancer Society will also be on site promoting the campaign and accepting donations, while Zeta Tau Alpha will distribute pink ribbons to all fans in attendance.
Tuesday, Oct. 25
- Through the American Cancer Society, the NFL's A Crucial Catch campaign has provided another year of funding to support increased access to breast cancer education and screening resources in underserved communities. The ACS has awarded a $50,000 Community Health Advocates implementing National Grants for Empowerment (CHANGE) grant to the Family Health Centers of Baltimore in Cherry Hill, continuing efforts to increase breast cancer screenings in the community. As part of the grant, the Ravens will participate in A Crucial Catch Day on Tuesday, Oct. 25, a nationwide event held in cities across the country to help women receive breast cancer education and screenings. Pre-registered women will learn ways to reduce the risk of breast cancer and the importance of early detection at the Family Health Centers of Baltimore in Cherry Hill.
For more information, please visit www.BaltimoreRavens.com/community.