**Ravens Roster** | Official Press Release
Former Pro Bowl special teams performer Gary Stills was one of 19 players released today as part of the final roster cut.
Cornerback David Pittman and running back Cory Ross were also placed on Injured Reserve, while cornerbacks Derrick Martin and Fabian Washington are suspended for Week 1 against the Cincinnati Bengals, leaving one open roster spot before the Ravens hit their 53-man limit.
Suspended players do not affect the roster count.
"With the two suspended players, that gives us 52 players on the current roster," said general manager Ozzie Newsome. "We will add another player before the opener against the Bengals."
Stills, 34, joined the Ravens from the Kansas City Chiefs in 2006, when he set a league record with 44 special teams stops.
While Stills' tally dropped to 26 last season, he remained a respected leader of Baltimore's special teams unit.
But Stills was faced with a tough battle with Brendon Ayanbadejo, a two-time special teams Pro Bowler who was one of the Ravens' marquee free-agent acquisitions this year. Ayanbadejo led Baltimore during the preseason with 16 total tackles, adding one sack.
Stills also showed flashes of what he can do on defense last week with four tackles against the Atlanta Falcons, including one for an 11-yard loss, but he was also flagged for a personal foul and a holding penalty.
Meanwhile, many players that helped the Ravens get through the preseason due to depth issues at various positions were waived.
Left tackle Chad Slaughter, who was signed after one week of training camp when Jared Gaither and Adam Terry went down with ankle injuries, was let go, leaving Mike Kracalik and Oniel Cousins as the backup tackles.
Adam Bergen and Keith Heinrich, two veteran tight ends that filled in for a limited Todd Heap (calf) and Daniel Wilcox (foot), were cut, leaving former linebacker Edgar Jones a the only tight end behind the top two.
And, recently-signed quarterback Casey Bramlet's release means the Ravens will enter 2008 with Troy Smith, Kyle Boller and Joe Flacco under center.
Baltimore waived two draft picks, running back Allen Patrick and wideout Justin Harper, both seventh-rounders.
Martin was suspended for receiving a citation for marijuana possession in an Ohio airport, violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, while Washington's went against the NFL's personal conduct policy because of a February arrest on a domestic battery charge.
Both players will be absent for one game and will be able to return to the roster after serving their suspension.
The Ravens will build their eight-man practice squad Sunday.
Here is a full list of the Ravens' roster moves:
- Adam Bergen (TE, 6-4, 267, 3rd-year, Lehigh)
- Casey Bramlet (QB, 6-4, 220, 2nd-year, Wyoming)
- Darrell Campbell (DL, 6-4, 295, 1st-year, Notre Dame)
- Patrick Carter (WR, 6-3, 195, Rookie, Louisville)
- Adrien Clarke (G, 6-5, 330, 4th-year, Ohio State)
- Amon Gordon (DT, 6-2, 305, 4th-year, Stanford)
- Justin Harper (WR, 6-3, 215, Rookie, Virginia Tech)
- Alex Haynes (RB, 5-10, 225, 2nd-year, Central Florida)
- Keith Heinrich (TE, 6-6, 255, 5th-year, Sam Houston State)
- Adam Kraus (G, 6-6, 295, Rookie, Michigan)
- Robert McCune (LB, 6-0, 245, 2nd-year, Louisville)
- Allen Patrick (RB, 6-1, 200, Rookie, Oklahoma)
- Ronnie Prude (CB, 5-11, 180, 3rd-year, LSU)
- Joe Reitz (T, 6-7, 270, Rookie, Western Michigan)
- Chad Slaughter (6-8, 340, 5th-year Alcorn State)
- Gary Stills (LB, 6-2, 250, 10th-year, West Virginia)
- Ernie Wheelwright (WR, 6-5, 220, Rookie, Minnesota)
- Lorenzo Williams (DL, 6-0, 310, Rookie, Missouri)
- Matt Willis (WR, 5-11, 190, 2nd-year, UCLA)
Players on Injured Reserve:
- David Pittman (CB, 5-11, 185, 3rd-year, Northwestern State)
- Cory Ross (RB, 5-6, 205, 3rd-year, Nebraska)
**Ravens Roster**| Official Press Release