**Vote for Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco** for the *Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week *for his outstanding performance in Baltimore's 34-3 win over the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday.
Flacco led the Ravens to their sixth win in the past seven contests, directing an offense that has scored at least 27 points in each of those six victories. On Sunday vs. Cincinnati, Flacco threw for a career-high 280 yards and two TDs. He completed 19 of his 29 attempts and did not throw an interception for the sixth time in seven games while earning a passer rating of 119.9. Flacco now has 12 touchdown passes on the season and has surpassed the 2,000 yard mark, feats that are firsts for a Ravens rookie quarterback.
Fans can vote for Flacco on NFL.com/rookies beginning Tuesday at 8 a.m. and ending on Friday at noon to determine the Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week. The Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com/rookies.
In addition, for the fourth year, NFL fans may cast their votes for the Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week using phones with Sprint wireless service – an opportunity available only to Sprint customers. This fast, convenient voting method involves texting the word PEPSI to short code 7777. Sprint customers will then receive an interactive text message that links fans to the ballot with the five finalists each week. Data and text messaging rates may apply.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa Bay.
Here is a list of all nominees for the Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week:
- Baltimore Ravens QB JOE FLACCO passed for a career-high 280 yards and two touchdowns, completing 19 of 29 attempts as the Ravens beat the Cincinnati Bengals, 34-3.
- Houston Texans RB STEVE SLATON rushed for 130 yards and two touchdowns over 21 carries. Slaton added 52 receiving yards in the Texans' 30-17 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Monday Night Football.
- Tennessee Titans RB CHRIS JOHNSON rushed for 125 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries in the Titans' 47-10 rout of the Detroit Lions.
- Denver Broncos RB PEYTON HILLIS amassed 129 rushing yards and a touchdown on 22 attempts in the Broncos' 34-17 victory against the New York Jets.
- Atlanta Falcons QB MATT RYAN completed 17 of 23 passing attempts for 207 yards and two touchdowns as the Falcons defeated the San Diego Chargers, 22-16.
All your favorite Ravens players still need your votes to get to the 2009 Pro Bowl in Hawaii. Fill out the Pro Bowl Ballot here.