Head Coach John Harbaugh said he wanted to bolster the Ravens' defensive line.
Baltimore did so by bringing back one of its own Friday afternoon, re-signing nose tackle Terrence Cody to a one-year deal.
"Just happy to be back and to continue my career with the Baltimore Ravens," Cody said.
"It was crazy. It was just a big waiting game. But we got the job done, got the deal done, and now I'm back with the Ravens."
The Ravens selected the massive 6-foot-4, 340-pound Coby out of Alabama in the second round of the 2010 draft, but he has yet to break out.
He was a 16-game starter for one year in 2011, when he recorded 34 tackles.
Since then, he has fallen back into a reserve role the past two seasons, in part because of injuries and offseason surgeries. Cody played in 15 games and started three in 2010. Last year, he was active for 12 games and made one start and made 15 tackles.
Cody has higher expectations for himself in his second go-around with Baltimore.
"Just come in and play my butt off, work hard," he said.
"I can be a lot better now that I'm full-to-go and actually healthy for the first time in a while. There are going to be a lot of good things this year."
Cody said he doesn't have any surgeries planned thus far this offseason.
He will help supplement the interior of the defensive line, which will be anchored by Pro Bowler Haloti Ngata. Harbaugh said second-year player Brandon Williams is expected to be the top contender to start alongside Ngata with the departure of Arthur Jones to Indianapolis.